In today’s world of online shopping, using public Wi-Fi and giving out Social Security numbers as a form of ID, our personal information can be exposed.
Protect your family's privacy, identity, and finances with comprehensive identity monitoring, fraud remediation, and restoration and identity theft reimbursement.
McClatchy has partnered with Allstate to provide a comprehensive identity theft/protection plan to benefit-eligible employees and their families.
McClatchy offers one identity theft plan with two coverage levels: employee-only and family coverage.
Your identity is more than your Social Security number and credit score. Allstate Identity Protection Pro Plus helps you look after all your online
activity, from financial transactions to what you share on social media. If fraud occurs, our $1 million identity theft insurance policy has you covered.
With Allstate Identity Protection receive:
- Allstate Digital Footprint
- Remediation of pre-existing conditions at no additional cost
- Full-service 24/7 fraud remediation with a highly trained in-house expert
- $1 million identity theft insurance policy
- Identity monitoring
- Financial transaction monitoring
- Data breach notifications
- Identity health score
- Real-time rapid alerts
- Dark web monitoring
- High-risk transaction monitoring
- Social media reputation monitoring
- Social media account takeover
- Financial wellness toolbox
- Tri-bureau credit monitoring
- Unlimited TransUnion credit scores and reports
- Annual tri-bureau credit report and score
- Credit freeze assistance
- Credit lock (adult and child)
- Credit report disputes
- Digital wallet storage and monitoring
- IP address monitoring
- Sex offender notifications
- Accounts secured with two-factor and biometric authentication
- Deceased family member coverage
- Protect yourself and your family (“under your roof and wallet”)
- 401(k) and HSA reimbursement
- Stolen fund reimbursement
- Tax fraud refund advance
Theis a detailed guide to what McClatchy's identity protection plan covers and how the plans work.
In most cases, you may only make changes to your benefits during Open Enrollment. However, employees enrolled in Accident, Critical Illness, and/or Identity Theft coverage may choose to make some limited changes or cancel their coverage at any time during the year. If you would like to make changes or drop coverage for one or all of these plans, please take a look at our Accident, Critical Illness, and/or Identity Theft coverage change page for more details.
Identity Protection FAQ
We use our proprietary software to proactively monitor various sources. Through Allstate Identity Protection, you will also have the power to create thresholds for your bank accounts, allowing you to receive alerts for suspicious financial transactions outside of your set limits. We monitor your credit reports and credit-related accounts to ensure no one is using your name fraudulently, and we monitor the dark web to check for compromised credentials and unauthorized account access. While we can’t prevent fraud, we can and do alert you at its very first sign, then resolve the fraud and restore your identity.
We know that tracking your own identity is cumbersome and fraught with unknowns, so we’re here to take the burden off your shoulders so you can live your life.
Predictive technology detects when an identity is at elevated risk for theft and allows us to help you take necessary precautions, including placing fraud alerts, credit freezes, and pulling credit reports. Allstate's identity protection proprietary technology goes beyond credit monitoring, allowing us to catch fraud as it happens — not after the damage has been done.
Allstate Identity Protection’s identity theft insurance policy covers the financial damages of identity theft, such as costs to file reports or place freezes, legal defense expenses, and lost wages incurred as a result of resolving the fraud.
Before reimbursement of stolen funds, Allstate will first attempt to remediate the issue through our standard process.
For incidents of funds stolen from an investment account such as 401(k) or HSA, we will reimburse up to $50,000 for Allstate Identity Protection
members (and up to $150,000 for family).
For Allstate Identity Protection members, the max total that we will reimburse an individual in one year is $75,000 and the max total that
we will reimburse a family in one year is $150,000.
Exclusions include fraudulent withdrawals that happened prior to your Allstate Identity Protection coverage.
- Allstate Identity Protection Member Services: 800-789-2720
- Allstate Identity Protection Member Website
- Portal access
- Will be able to login after coverage begins