Your pets are part of the family. Help them lead long and healthy live by having insurance coverage that helps with the high cost of veterinary care.
When a pet medical emergency strikes, just how financially prepared are you? Nationwide provide pet insurance policies that can help you plan for your pet's healthcare by offset costs for routine care, unexpected illness or injuries. Pet insurance can also empower you to not have to choose between your financial stability and your pet's wellbeing.
McClatchy has partnered with Nationwide to offer pet insurance to all employees.
Nationwide offers McClatchy employees three plans:
- My Pet Protection (dogs and cats only) – Covers accidents, injuries, common illnesses, cancer, x-rays, prescription medications and much more. This plan has a $250 annual deductible and a $7,500 maximum annual benefit.
- My Pet Protection with wellness (dogs and cats only) – This plan covers everything in the My Pet Protection plan, plus coverage for wellness and routine care, such as vaccinations, spay/neuter, heartworm testing and prevention, routine blood tests, flea and tick prevention and more. This plan also has a $250 annual deductible and a $7,500 maximum annual benefit.
- Avian & Exotic Pet Plan (birds, rabbits, ferrets, reptiles and other exotic pets) – This plan covers medical treatments and surgeries for accidents, illnesses and diseases, including cancer. This plan has a $50 per-incident deductible.
- 90% back on vet bills
- One price, regardless of pet’s age
- Best deal: average savings of 40% over similar plans from other pet insurers
Pet insurance is the one coverage that can be added during any time of the year and outside of Employee Self Service. Enrollment is easy, and you will receive preferred pricing by mentioning that you are a McClatchy employee!
You can enroll by clicking here - or by calling Nationwide directly at 877-738-7874.
Get your online quote today by going to benefits.petinsurance.com/mcclatchy today! For your convenience, all premiums will be taken as payroll deductions following your enrollment.