Proof of Age Requirement List

You must provide proof of your age before your pension benefit payment can begin.  If you elected a form of payment that provides payments to a spouse or designated joint annuitant after your death, then you must also provide proof of that person’s age.  See the list below for acceptable proofs of age.  Copies of your proof(s) of age must accompany your completed package.  Do not send originals.

Examples include:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Baptismal Certificate
  • Passport
  • Marriage License
  • Military Discharge Papers
  • Driver’s License

The documents listed above are acceptable ONLY if they contain your date of birth or, if applicable, your designated joint annuitant’s date of birth.

If your name is not the same as it appears on your proof of age documentation, then you also need to provide proof of your name change.  The following documents are acceptable forms of proof of a name change:

  • Marriage Record
  • Change of Name Affidavit
  • Court Order Authorizing Name Change
  • Divorce Record