Recently divorce or legally separate?

When your relationship reaches a point where it seems necessary to part ways, you might find that separation or divorce is the only viable option. This section will guide you through important steps to take to minimize the stress on everybody involved.

Notify your People team

Notify the People team of your divorce or legal separation a copy of your decree within 31 days of the event.

If your name changed, provide a copy of your social security card with your new name.

Update your benefits

Provide your divorce or legal separation decree within 31 days of the event in order to remove your spouse/DP from coverage. Once proper documentation is provided you'll be able to go into Employee Self Service to make the appropriate changes.

You will be notified via email of your deadline to access your event in ESS. Changes will take effect the first of the following month.

Update personal info

Update your personal information in Employee Self Service such as address,  emergency contact, and federal tax withholdings.

Please reach out to the People team if you would like to update your state withholdings.

Update 401(k) beneficiaries

Update your 401(k) beneficiary information online at or by phone at (800)523-1188. (Plan #098630)