Recently gained or lost other health coverage?

Below are items you may want or need to take care of within 31 days.

Notify the LiveWell team

You will need to email  within 31 days of your loss or gain of other coverage and provide documentation showing the change in coverage eligibility.

If gaining coverage, documentation may be a letter from the new employer-sponsored insurance company reflecting the date coverage becomes effective.

If losing coverage, documentation may be a copy of your COBRA qualifying event notice reflecting the date coverage eligibility terminates.

Update your benefits

Once documentation is received, you will receive an enrollment notice via email that specifies your deadline to enroll or make changes to your elections. Any enrollments or changes made will take effect the first of the following month. You will only be able to make changes to your benefits that correspond with your gain or loss of coverage.

Dependent Eligibility Verification Process
If you lose other coverage and elect to add a dependent onto a McClatchy health care plan, you will need to submit additional documentation to Budco to verify your dependent’s eligibility for this coverage.

You will receive instructions directly from Budco in the mail around 2 weeks after enrollment; this process is required to avoid having your dependent losing coverage from non-compliance. More about the Budco verification process can be found HERE.

Still have questions?

McClatchy's LiveWell benefits team is here to help you get the most out of our benefits programs! If you have specific plan questions or need assistance resolving claim issues, contact the LiveWell team by phone, email: