Recently celebrate a marriage or partnership?

Congratulations! Below are items you may want or need to take care of within 31 days.

Notify the LiveWell team

Notify the LiveWell benefits team within 31 days of your marriage or domestic partnership by emailing

Be sure to include a copy of your marriage certificate and, if your name has changed, also include a copy of your social security card with married name.

Update your benefits

Provide marriage or domestic partnership documentation to within 31 days of the event to change your benefit elections in Employee Self Service.

You will receive an enrollment notice via email that specifies your deadline to enroll or make changes to your elections. Any enrollments or changes made will take effect the first of the following month.

Dependent Eligibility Verification Process
If you add a dependent onto a McClatchy health care plan, you will need to submit additional documentation to Budco to verify your dependent’s eligibility for this coverage.

You will receive instructions directly from Budco in the mail around 2 weeks after enrollment; this process is required to avoid having your dependent losing coverage from non-compliance. More about the Budco verification process can be found here.

Update personal info

Update your personal information in Employee Self Service such as address,  emergency contact, and federal tax withholdings.

Please reach out to the LiveWell benefits team if you would like to update your state withholdings.

Update 401(k) beneficiaries

Update your 401(k) beneficiary information online at or by phone at (800)523-1188. (Plan #098630)

Still Have Questions?

McClatchy's LiveWell benefits team is here to help you get the most out of our benefits programs! If you have specific plan questions or need assistance resolving claim issues, contact the LiveWell team by phone, email:

Thinking about growing your family soon?

By enrolling in McClatchy's health plans you'll have complete access to Aetna's Maternity Program!