Being prepared for the various stages in child's life is never an easy task. To ease that uncertainty we have outlined our eligibility criteria so that you may plan accordingly.
- Biological children
- Legally adopted children
- Qualified domestic partner’s children
- Children for whom you are responsible for under a court order
- Foster children, including any child placed with you for adoption
- Medical Plans/Supplemental Child Life Insurance
- Children are covered up to age 26*. When the child reaches age 19 and annually thereafter, employees must complete an adult child eligibility certification verifying eligibility to continue McClatchy medical coverage.
- Dental/Vision Plans
- Children are covered up to age 19*
* Disabled children may be covered past the plan age limits with proper documentation
On the 1st of the month of your child's birthday (or the first business day thereafter), the people team will automatically process the loss of eligibility for coverage. You will receive a benefit confirmation statement via email showing the change in coverage.
Your child will be covered through the end of the month in which they aged out. To continue coverage they will be eligible for COBRA through Payflex. Instructions from Payflex will be sent to your home within two weeks of the change of coverage.